Featured Posts

Cloth Diapering Tips, episode 2
Don't feel bad if you need to use disposables
Reblog: Red Eye/White Eye, Why It's Important
A simple observation could save your baby
A much needed update
It's been long overdue...
. . . .
Prev 1 2 3 Next

Affiliates

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

P.Y.H.O. Facebook Idiots

If my memory serves me correctly, I seem to remember seeing something about how most people are annoyed by their friends on Facebook.

I am often the annoyed, but usually I can just shrug it off. I actually left Facebook for a bit because I was so pregnantly hormonal and couldn't tolerate it. I felt like the idiots were taking over.

I've since returned and have gotten past my bitchiness. Well. Mostly. There's still one thing I cannot stand.

Parents who won't shut up about all the weed they smoked, alcohol they drank, and ass they scored. I find it...disturbing. They will literally go from one post touting their love for their kid(s) to five minutes later (or less) talking about one of the aforementioned subjects in gross detail. And usually, these sort of updates are daily...

Now, don't go thinking it's jealousy talking... I have had my fair share of fun, and still do. Frankly, I don't care what people do. But, I also don't care to hear constant updates about it. Nor do I think most people want to. You're really not that interesting. Not saying I'm that interesting either. I just feel like certain things should be kept separate from our kids. Whether they're going to read it or not. Kids and crassly discussing drugs/sex do not belong in close proximity to each other.

Just stating my opinion...


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh but that kind of information in turn bites them. It can be used in court to take their kids, used to keep them from getting employment all kinds of things...

Shell said...

I agree! Actually, kids or not, I don't want to see bragging about that sort of thing.

Unknown said...

I get annoyed when I read how much fun and partying my contemporaries with children are doing... makes me wonder, if you are partying every weekend and you are 35 years old, who in the world is taking care of your children???

Keri {One Mama's Daily Drama} said...

I get annoyed by the people on Facebook who are complaining about their friends on Facebook! LOL And I think Angel is right - people who brag about their badness on Facebook will eventually regret it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, whether it's narcissism or just a failure to understand the nature of the Internet, personal details posted online nearly always make me chuckle!

Joy Taylor said...

LOL, I love the honesty of your post. I can't stand it when people are nonstop posting about how great their life is. No one can have perfect lives!

Dawna said...

I'm fortunate enough not to have to deal with that because... yes, that would be pretty annoying. I think I would have hid them after the first update or two.

Stephanie said...

I agree with you!! There are so many things that I see people bragging about that make me think "STop! That is way more information than I need to know!"

Karrieann said...

I just block them!

A Mother's Thoughts said...

Funny, we must have the same people!! I tend to put those particular people in the "less information" status! lol Just don't need to know it.

Lynn

Kristen said...

My friends don't talk about partying - but they DO brag about what they have and bitch about what they don't. I block them.... Kristen

Adrienne said...

FB can be downright disturbing! The things people post on there are crazy!

Post a Comment

Exercise your own free will...do not censor yourself

How have I not gone completely crazy, yet?

Related Posts with Thumbnails