Featured Posts

Cloth Diapering Tips, episode 2
Don't feel bad if you need to use disposables
Reblog: Red Eye/White Eye, Why It's Important
A simple observation could save your baby
A much needed update
It's been long overdue...
. . . .
Prev 1 2 3 Next

Affiliates

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Grapefruit seed extract needs more street cred...



This is some amazing stuff!


As I mentioned in my previous post, I was given some grapefruit seed extract (gse) when I got my loaner stash of cloth diapers. It's almost gel-like & has a little dropper to dispense it. And it has soo many uses. It's antifungal, antibacterial, antibiotic, & antiseptic properties.


Our preferred use was to help clear up diaper rash. Just 3-4 drops in 4 tablespoons of water & apply with a cotton ball. Usually, by the next morning his diaper rash was almost gone. We continued to use it even after we went back to disposables. Mix a few drops of gse & witch hazel with water and you've got yourself some wipe solution.


Once he stopped getting rashes, I began using it to keep myself from getting sick. As soon as I felt a cold coming on, I'd add 6-10 drops (depending on the size of the cup) to some orange juice. Do not, I repeat, do not mix it with something like apple juice. It tastes wretched! If you add it to orange or grapefruit juice you can barely taste it. When I first tried this remedy I didn't think it would work, but by the next day I was beginning to feel better.


One of my friends owns a parrot & she said she was looking for something that would safely clean its cage with. I told her about gse & its magical capabilities & she went out and bought a bottle. She sent me a message shortly after thanking me for telling her about it. Not only was she using it to clean her bird cage, she was also using it to clean around the house.

I've used it as a mouth wash & to help keep my lip piercings from getting infected. I also used tee tree oil, especially when it started hurting because it numbs ya up. Don't swallow tea tree oil though, that stuff kills bacteria so well it made my stomach cramp up.

I could go on, but I could probably spend months rambling on about it, probably making it the longest post in the history of ever...so here, let me Google that for you! ^_^


The bottle that was given to me (pictured above, a 4 oz bottle) was 3/4 full when I got it. Here, 3 years later I still have at least 1/3 of it left. And I used it a lot. How awesome is that?! I think it's  time to buy more though, it seems like it's not as effective anymore.

My opinions expressed here are completely my own & I was not compensated for this in any way

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise your own free will...do not censor yourself

How have I not gone completely crazy, yet?

Related Posts with Thumbnails