Featured Posts

Cloth Diapering Tips, episode 2
Don't feel bad if you need to use disposables
Reblog: Red Eye/White Eye, Why It's Important
A simple observation could save your baby
A much needed update
It's been long overdue...
. . . .
Prev 1 2 3 Next

Affiliates

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Mr. Boots



I can't believe you're 3 today...

After having miscarried just two months before I found out I was pregnant again, I  had an insanely frightening pregnancy. I bled for about 3 months, passed massive clots, and there was a few times that they told me my cervix was open and I was probably going to miscarry. I never cried so much in my life and was powerless to do anything to stop it. On the day he was born, they had to take him from me and call up the NICU because he wasn't as responsive as they liked. But he turned out ok and they gave him back to me.

My sweet baby boy...


He weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 18 1/2" long. Even though he was shorter and weighed more than Bucket, he looked skinnier. Wrinkled like an old man.

You pioneered the way for a lot of things, little man. Breastfeeding was the first. Even though I wanted to give up so frequently (partially because he was constantly eating), we made it through one year exactly (he self-weaned on his first birthday, no joke). He opened my eyes to the evils of disposable diapers. He was the first to co-sleep. He taught me to parent naturally as opposed to what books, people, or the mainstream said.


My sweet baby boy...

When he was 6 months old, after I got through feeding him, I leaned over him and my hair dangled within arms reach.  He gently ran his fingers through my hair - never once pulling it. I knew from that moment that he was a very special boy. It was also about that time when he and his sister got into their first fight. It was over a sucker - a purple one if I remember correctly. I couldn't help but giggle at what I was getting myself into...
From the time he could walk, he was picking up after himself. He still really likes to clean, although it is a bit harder to get him to do it...but he'll freak out if he can't and someone else does it for him (I have  to give it back and let him do it).

My sweet baby boy...


Speech came a bit slowly for him. For a while, my husband wanted to get him checked out because he spoke almost solely in vowels. But now, he'll talk your ear off and has gotten quite articulate. Hearing him pronounce his s's is quite possibly the cutest thing ever. There's a slight pause and it's drawn out a bit... I need to catch it on  video before it's too late...


He also finally pooped on the potty yesterday! All by himself - no prompting. Just came out of the bathroom & told me, "I went poop!" We have been working on this for such a long time now. He's peed on it just fine, minus a few accidents here and there. I'm pretty sure he'll keep pooping on the toilet simply based on how proud he was.  He then asked if he could go to school now, which is something we told him he could do when he stopped crapping his pants. Boy's got an impeccable memory because we told him that back in August.


Where has the time gone?? Soon you'll be more interested in playing video games and hanging out with friends... Soon, you'll no longer want to be my Cuddle Bear or for me to kiss your boo-boos... Please, don't ever stop being my sweet baby boy. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise your own free will...do not censor yourself

How have I not gone completely crazy, yet?

Related Posts with Thumbnails